A very important phase on any project is detecting weather your company and/or your business plan are ready to be implemented.
At this stage, we would get involved at no cost to determine how we can help you in your expansion plans.
We usually act as the company's
representative in the Site Selection Process. Under such role, we:
- Conduct negotiations with Industrial Parks/Developers with the intention of closing the most favorable
option for the Company (i.e. Lease, Purchase of land, Purchase of an industrial
- Prepare the necessary legal documents required for closing such option, including
performance of a due diligence process, in order to confirm compliance with all legal
requirements (i.e. legal title, environmental, licenses and permits for operation of the
- Conduct negotiations with specific City Governments for obtaining operations licenses and
permits for industrial purposes of your investment. We also obtain operations/safety
authorizations, civil protection, fire department, drainage licenses, among others;
- Advise the Company about pros/cons of each proposed location for establishing the
operation. Confirm industrial cost of utility services (e.g. electricity, gas, water). Confirm industrial parks available. Confirm logistics services available.
- Advise in the negotiations process to confirm the specifications for
a lease or construction, extension of land, infrastructure, design, and engineering services, among others.
We obtain the most convenient lease for manufacturing process; the most
convenient prices for future expansions; preparation of necessary contracts and
agreements; we coordinate legal and operation documentation (due
diligence, zoning, permits, licenses, environmental etc.); coordinate general
matters required to ensure efficiency in the operation (e.g. suppliers, insurances, customs
brokers, logistics, vendors etc.), and we review and implement guaranty
schemes/collaterals requested in the respective purchase or lease contracts.
- Conduct “Dedicated Services”, where members of our firm will work in-situ with
your Company during the critical phase of the site selection and the start-up phase
of the Project. Important events are part of such critical phase (e.g. negotiations with
governments, developers, industrial parks, suppliers, construction firms, engineering
services, vendors, etc.).
Our “Dedicated Services” have been designed taking into consideration that, the opening of
an industrial plant, is a process which requires special attention from SLG, due to the
normal complexity of each project, and the diversity of areas and parties involved.
Furthermore, language and cultural business barriers normally are important factors, which
impact the timing and cost in completing a project.
We propose act as representatives
and advisors before government officers (Federal/State/City). In this phase we:
- Obtain the necessary licenses, registrations and permits required to ensure starting of
operations in compliance with applicable regulations;
- Obtain government incentives such as training, reduction of state and city taxes, among others; and
- Build a communication channel between the Company and the Government.